Saturday, December 30, 2006

Bought a new car

Well, that was quick! After one exhausting day of car shopping we bit the bullet and bought a 'new' car today. We grabbed a 2000 Buick LeSabre from a dealer a 1/2 mile from the house. This guy has been selling cars from this location for 30 years. That tells me that he's doing something right. He isn't selling shitboxes, if he was he wouldn't have lasted long at all. So this is the new grocery getter. A four door luxury land yacht. She has all the bells and whistles you could ask for. Translated, that just means more stuff to break. It's a pretty big car as cars go these days. That's good. My wife and daughter will be using this car. I have my own. I want them to have a little sheet metal around them when they're out and about doing whatever it is that girls do when they're on the road, you know, shopping and stuff. Not really the type of car I had in mind, but when I found out that the rental, the one supplied by the other guy's insurance, wasn't totally without cost to me I decided that we need a car now. It's costing me $15 per day. Why is that? I didn't wreck the old g-getter. So we're into the second week of the rental. That's about $210 that I have to pay out so far, and counting. Since it's Friday and the new car won't be ready until Tuesday, we'll have the friggin rental for 3 or 4 more days. Then we'll be up to what, $280? That's fair, huh? Nothing less than extortion in my opinion. Let's go buy that Buick. Forget about image. We need to get rid of this 'free' rental.

No comments: