Saturday, October 13, 2007

Yum Configurations

How do I make YUM keep more than the default 2 kernels?

When you are updating your Fedora system via Yum and there is a kernel update involved, Yum will delete the oldest kernel on your system and keep the 2 newest. There are those who wish that this wasn't the default action. If you wish to keep more than the default 2 kernels, then open a terminal as root and type gedit /etc/yum.conf and under the [main] section add installonly_limit = N, where N is the number of kernels you wish to keep installed. Save and exit the editor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.