Saturday, December 30, 2006

Default Screen Saver

A minor annoyance to me is the screensaver. By default, the screensaver is password protected. It get's me every time! I don't need this feature for what I do with this computer so I disable the password locking this way: Go to the top panel and select System/Preferences/Screensaver. I prefer to choose the blank screen, top left of the screen saver preferences window. At the bottom of the preferences window just above the help button you'll see 'lock screen when screen saver is active'. Untick the checkbox. Now a simple move of the mouse brings you back to your desktop whenever the screen saver is activated.

As always, comments and suggestions are welcome. If I'm in error and need to make a correction please, by all means, let me know. I want all info presented here to be accurate.

No comments: