Monday, January 8, 2007

Beryl for Gnome Again

This time I installed Beryl for Gnome on my daughters' computer. Her pc has an ATI card, the Radeon 9200 AGP / 128MB, where mine has an NVidia card, the GeForce FX 5200 AGP / 128MB. I'm really impressed with how easy it was to install Beryl and get things up and running. I'm using the Livna repositories on this install, and Livna has the packages necessary. I installed kmod-fglrx and rebooted the machine so that I would be using the ATI graphics driver. Once I got back to the desktop I installed beryl and beryl-manager. When the install finished I ran beryl-manager, chose a theme and played with the special effects to see that they all worked. Done. Simple, clean and easy. Here's what I did, as root:

First the ATI drivers:
'yum install kmod-fglrx'
Then a reboot
'reboot'
The the beryl stuff:
'yum install beryl beryl-manager'
That's all!

No comments: